Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fatigue

I think my most disabling symptom is fatigue.

http://www.mssociety.ca/en/pdf/living-well-fatigue.pdf

My coffee intake probably doesn't help my situation much, but the energy issue is really starting to get me down. It just seems impossible to manage. Sometimes I look at all the things I want to do around the house and I just want to cry. Where do I start? If I start, I might get half way through the first task and end up napping the rest of the day with my cats. I haven't gone through my Dad's belongings yet. I need to sort it all, decide what to keep and what to donate. I havea room full of stuff to go through, and a shed. Then I need to consider all my household stuff, dishes, laundry, sweeping and mopping. Uhg. I tried to mop the floor the other day. I got the living room done and crashed out on the couch.

The worst part of this situation? I've run out of books to read and the library is sending hired goons to collect my fines! So I can't borrow library books... What will I read? This is a terrible situation. I've been reduced to digging out old Cosmo mags. HALP!

I was browsing some of my Dads books and found Clear and Present Danger by Tom Clancy. Normally I wouldn't have looked twice at it. Political spies, techie army stuff, weapons and aircraft? No way, I'm into pre-historic Native fiction. My Dad's books all consist of non-fiction, Star Trek, and war books. He has weapons and aircraft atlas's, history books up the *bleep* and other random books I'm really just not into. Amid all these, I found this Tom Clancy book. I've been eyeing it for some time. It was staring at me from the "Dad" bookshelf. I had other books that I could re-read though. Well, you can only read all your books a million times before you really want something new. So... I picked it up.

Oh. My. God. This book was just amazing. It's now on my top 5 list of amazing favourites. Pretty close to #1 actually. The author is just astounding. But it's all over now. I read it in a few days. I tend to read while in between other tasks, a page here and there, a few hours one night in bed, then not at all the next day. Unless the book holds my interest. Then nothing else matters but that book until it's finished. I'm sad it's all over now. I'm also sad I've nothing left to read.

Well this sure went onto a book rave didn't it. But what else can a person with extreme fatigue do? Reading doesn't require much from me, although sometimes I'm too exausted to retain anything I've just read and have to put it down. I also play world of warcraft. It's fun to be able to socialize normally, even if it is a game character I'm moving around a pretend world. I can control that world, and my character has no physical limits like I do.

Help me relieve my boredom. Tell me what your fave books, games, and movies are so I can check them out. I think I might be able to bribe my loving fiance into using his library card for me. MWA HA HA HA.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Erika,
    Welcome to the MS Blogging Community! thanks for the tweet and I'd be glad to add you to the carnival bloglist. If you have a post you wish to share, just send me an email and I'll try to include it in the next Carnival of the MS Bloggers. I look forward to reading more as your story unfolds.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich. I think there are 15 or 16 of them and I've read them all. The first is "One For The Money", then "Two For The Dough", "Three To Get Deadly" and so on. Comedic Danger. LOL!

    I recently read the book by Patrick Swayze, if you really like him and want to know his life story, you'll like this book. I didn't like the book but enjoyed reading about 2 of my favorite movies with him, Dirty Dancing and Ghost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the welcome Lisa! I'm glad to meet more people in the MS community.

    Thanks for the book tips. I'm going to look up the Stephanie Plum Series. I've got my boyfriend convinced it's in his best interest to let me use his library card this weekend.

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete